Free Blogging Checklist
Blogging sounds easy, right? If you have the words in your head, then that’s a great place to start, but what about what happens next, Once you’ve written your blog, what should you be doing to get it out there? And have you considered everything you need to from an SEO and marketing point of view?
When starting this blog (and blogging for my other businesses, I started to put a list together of all the things I need to do when I put pen to paper (or finger to keyboard)! This is the checklist I use every time, and is free for you guys to download and pin to your wall, or print off and use each time you write a post!
- Select Correct Categories – Make sure you select the correct categories for your blog to sit in, nothing worse than ‘uncategorized’ popping up on your post.
- Spell Check and Grammar – Try and read it out loud, or get someone else to read it before you post it!
- Are You Happy With Your Headline – Making sure its a searchable term, it’s catchy and it does what it says on the tin. Try not to be too clever – here is a great article on how to write good headline.
- Call To Action – What do you want the reader to do, comment, download, act on it?
- Nicely Formatted – Split your paragraphs, add in bullets, break it up with subheaders.
- Nicely Spaced – See above!
- Checked Preview – Make sure you check the preview before it goes live in case anything has gone astray!
- Chosen and Sized For Web – Make sure your images have been re-sized for web. Google will mark you down if your site is too slow and people will leave before they’ve read anything.
- Named Accordingly – Your image should include your keyword.
- Add ALT Text – Make sure your ALT text describes your images and includes your keywords
- Choose and Optimise for Keyword – Is your keyword something people are likely to be searching for
- Check Keyword Placement (Title, Description, Beginning of Post, End of Post)
- Do You Have Internal Links – Your SEO ranking is higher if you link to other pages or posts within your site
- Do You Have External Links – As above, your SEO ranking will be higher if you link to external sites, and of course you are more than likely to get them to link back to your site, improving your backlink score
- Post Slug Updated – This is often done for you, but its always worth re-doing it and making sure it includes everything it should]
- Pinterest Graphic Created
- Shared On Instagram
- Shared Via Tweeted
- Shared On Facebook
- Shared On Pinterest
- Shared To Stumbleupon
- Shared With Other Bloggers – Backlinks, backlinks, backlinks…..
- Sent To Your Email List
You can download your printable BLOGGING CHECKLIST
I’m no expert but in my 42 and a bit years I’ve worked my way through my fair share of beauty products and accessories. It’s still something that baffles most men. How do us women need 30 products to get ready in...
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.